The School Leadership Team (SLT) is comprised of an equal number of parents and staff members, five from each constituency. The mandatory members are the school’s Principal, the PTA President (or one of the Co-Presidents) and the United Federation of Teachers (UFT) chapter leader. The remaining team members consist of three elected teacher representatives, and four elected parent representatives. Team members, with the exception of mandatory members, serve a two-year term.
The SLT is responsible for developing the school’s annual Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP) and ensuring the school budget is aligned with the CEP goals.
The SLT meets once a month on the last Tuesday at 5:00 pm.
The current members of the River School SLT are:
- Jessica Orleans, Principal
- Daria Agosta, Assistant Principal
- Lauren Askinasi, UFT Chapter Leader
- Melissa Prusin, SLT Facilitator
- Lissy Rosner, Grade 1 Teacher
- Erin Sauchelli, ENL Teacher
- Melanie Cohn, Grade 2 Teacher
- Meredith Wilk, Instructional Coach
- Rachel Kate Miller, PTA President
- Adelina Tafuri Jurecka, Parent
- Thao To, Parent
- Jana Galan, Parent