The PTA budget is largely dependent on your donations to the school. Generous parents like you are the key to our success and make it possible for PS 281 to provide our kids with the education and inspiring environment they deserve.
With your generous support, we plan to fund various programs in the school, including:
- Enrichment Programs (Studio In a School, The Art Farm, Launch Math, RazKids, Mathletics)
- Classroom books and education supplies
- Teacher professional development
- School-wide lice checks
- School website
Our suggested donation is $1,500 per child or 1% of your family’s annual income but no amount is too large or too small. Any amount you can give is greatly appreciated. The more funds we raise, the more programs we can add, which only enhances our children’s academic experience.
Click here to support your school!
The River School is now part of the Fairway Community Partner Program. Fairway will donate 3% of your purchase to our PTA. Therefore, don’t forget to have your card scanned every time you buy at Fairway.
How it works
- For groceries, present your Community Partners card at the register before
your purchase is finalized.
- For Fairway Catering, give your Community Partners card number at the
time you place your catering order.
- Fairway will donate 3% or more of your purchase dollars to fund our
We encourage all families, teachers and staff to pick up the card and begin shopping right away. Cards are available from the PTA office.
Click here for more information.
Support our school every time you shop. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to our school PTA.
How it works
- Simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. Bookmark this address to make sure you always use the right link. If you make purchases through amazon.com (without the smile) or through the mobile app, they will not generate donations!
- You can use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List and other account settings are also the same.
- Once you select P.S. 281 PTA as your charitable organization, every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.
Shutterfly/Tinyprints – Holiday cards and gifts
Order your holiday cards, stationary, and all photo gifts! PS 281 PTA receives 13% of your purchase. Make sure to place your order through our storefront link:
We’ve joined TD Bank’s Affinity Membership Program, which provides the PTA with the opportunity to earn annual cash contributions. We’re thrilled with the ease of participating in this program and that there is no cost to our organization or our members.
TD Bank will donate $50 for every new checking account, $10 for every existing checking account, and 0.1% of annual average balance in savings accounts.
If you already have any accounts with TD Bank, please give them our affinity code to make sure your dollars are working for the River School! And if you’re looking for a new bank (or to open a savings account for your kids!), be sure to consider TD Bank.
When opening new accounts or linking existing accounts, please provide our affinity code: AH512. For additional information, stop by or visit your local TD Bank Store (there’s one on 2nd Ave & 32nd St).
NY International Children’s Film Festival
The NY International Children’s Film Festival promotes the creation and dissemination of thoughtful, provocative, and intelligent film for children and teens ages 3-18. In addition, they will contribute $3 of the price of each ticket purchased to the PTA! The festival will take place in February or March; check back here for dates and details soon. Enjoy a great movie with your kids and earn money for our school.
This fundraiser is powered by reading! It’s like a walk-a-thon but with reading instead of walking. Friends and family members donate money to sponsor kids’ reading. Look for more information about the Read-a-Thon in February and March. Learn more at read-a-thon.com.
Raise New York
Order a River Breeze cocktail at Raise New York at 416 Third Avenue (between 29th and 30th Streets) and Raise New York will donate $3 per drink to the PTA!
T-shirts, caps, water bottles and more for sale! Click here for more information.